Sunday, September 19, 2010

SANTORINI


Kourus Village Cat

Fresh fish at Veggera


My Greek salad at Veggera



Very friendly Lauren at Kourus Village,Perissa




Santorini to me so far is like a beautiful person on the outside with no heart or soul on the inside! Although I am patient and trying to find a glimpse of the heart of Santorini. Everybody told my friend Laurie she had to come here because it was "so beautiful...."


I have been here 2 1/2 days ( an eternity) and there have been very slight bright spots. Lauren, the beautiful and friendly receptionist at the hotel is from the USA and used to live in Angel Fire, New Mexico which is about 15-20 minutes from where I used to live in Taos, New Mexico ( give or take a few)! She shared her views of living in this culture with me.


Another nice moment was going into a bakery because the donuts were so beautiful ( and HUGE!!)from the window and the owner giving us a little bread stick in friendship.



The food has been good at the hotel ( an incredible breakfast buffet) and at a local restaurant, Veggera. Small portions, minimal food waste. Healthy choices.



Oh yes, I am staying at the 4 star Kouros Village, which is beautiful and perfect in every way, but again it stops there. The cats don't interact with you here either!!


Otherwise, I have not found this island to be the "Community in the Road" experience I want to help my readers find..... Let's hope for better news later, I am going to Fira and Oia today.






SANTORINI RATING


COMMUNITY * *


FOOD WASTE REDUCTION * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment