Thursday, September 9, 2010

MANHATTAN: LUNCH WITH DOCUMENTARY FILM MAKER ALICE ELLIOTT AND HER STAFF

F (From left to right: Kristina DeFonte, Katy Jacobs, Alice Elliott, Su Kim)

I had lunch today with Alice Elliott and part of her staff. Alice is a wonderful person with a BIG heart who is dedicated to telling and following the stories of ordinary people ( like me!!) who are making a difference in the world.
Alice has been following the One World Everybody Eats story for over 5 years now and it is has been delightful to work with her. You can't help but get pulled into the 'Caring Field' that Alice creates. I find that the people who I have seen in her documentaries become real people to me. I start to care about them way past the end of the film and develop a relationship with them through time. I believe this happens because of the real care and love that Alice feels that leaps right from the screen into your own heart.

If you can see any of her films, especially my current favorite The Collector of Bedford Street, I highly recommend it. Her production company is called Welcome Change and their website is http://www.welcomechange.org/.

We ate at a restaurant called Quantum Leap at 226 Thompson street in Manhattan.( near Washington Square). the food is healthy and tasty. So if you are in the area I highly recommend it! It is all vegetarian, with the exception of fresh fish selections.


ALICE ELLIOTT"S VISION FOR A BETTER WORL



COMMUNITY * * * * *


FOOD WASTE REDUCTION * * * * *


( based on a * - * * * * * star rating system )




No comments:

Post a Comment