Monday, September 6, 2010

Meeting on Dupont Circle with Community Kitchen Board Members and Freelance Writer/Historian Chris Seneca

( Form left to right, Chris Seneca, Annette Ryan, Carrie Rich)

Today I met with DC Community Kitchen Board members,Annette Ryan and Carrie Rich along with Chris Seneca to discuss the projected timeline for the Washington, DC community kitchen.


I have been here since Thursday and Annette and I have accomplished so much. It has been my pleasure to meet members of her team and to be part of the excitement and planning that is taking place to bring a kitchen to the DC area.


There will be a formal 'Community Meeting' on World Food Day, October 16 at Panera Bread to discuss the next steps in detail and to involve DC residents at this stage of development. The Board hopes to pre-sell meal vouchers to get most of the start up capital for their kitchen.


Please contact Annette or Carrie for the exact time of the meeting and to

participate in the planning stage or if you can help in any other ways.


Chris is going to be following their development and is the historian for the DC project.



DC Community Kitchen Lunch Meeting


Community * * * * *


Food Waste Reduction - unrated

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see the continued efforts of this group. I met Annette in Highland Park, NJ and she encouraged my own desire to be involved in my wish to open a community kitchen/restaurant. I'm fortunate to be involved now with a group in York, PA that is doing just that.

    Godspeed, y'all.

    ReplyDelete