Monday, September 13, 2010

EATING OUT IN THE ACROPOLIS AREA

Fruit cart in the Plaza/Flea Market area

Gallery cafe near the Acropolis
unch at the Gallery cafe beet salad and my Creten salad


Menu from the Evxapic



Outside view or the Evxapis, good food and service




All of the restaurants are geared for tourists close to the Acropolis, but they are not too expensive. Everyone I went to was good.The wait staff is paid a better wage so they work together for better service and do not dote over you.
The one thing that I found strange is that they great you with a basket of bread and olive dip and then you end up getting charged for it. Usually 1 EUR person!! I embarrassed my friend Laurie when I asked about the charge and then pushed a little about them not even ASKING if I wanted it in the first place!!! The fist restaurant that did this EVXAPIS, offered to take it off of the bill, but I just chalked it up to a cultural difference.

I would really recommend any of the restaurants. The menus are identical. They are laid back and even let the cats eat from your table.


The portions in Greece are good amounts but not too large to cause you to overeat or to waste food. Bravo!!


RESTAURANT RATING IN THE ACROPOLIS AREA
COMMUNITY unrated


FOOD WASTE REDUCTION * * * * *
(based on a * _ * * * * * star rating system)



No comments:

Post a Comment