Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A COMMUNITY RESTAURANT IN WASHINGTON,DC!!

(Danny Boylen Wally Wallace)
It was so wonderful to finally get to meet Wally Wallace in person.He and I have been talking for several months. I have been thoroughly impressed with his enthusiasm, innovative ideas and overall talent in many fields, so it was a real treat to be able to sit and talk for while.


Wally and restaurant consultant Danny Boylen, who was also present, have been meeting for months planning their own special version of a 'community restaurant'. In fact Danny has been wanting to do a non profit restaurant for over 20 years... The two make a great team and I am so happy they shared more about their project with me today.


I am not going to let any cats out of any bags here, so I will just say that they have lots of great ideas, an online community, and that I am VERY excited to see this open!!!


I will keep you all posted and I hope to stay involved as much as possible. We also talked about The One World Everybody Eats Challenge and they both want to help launch this annual event. I liked Wally's idea to pick one city and really focus on the event for the first year or two to help it catch on faster. I think that is a great idea and next year hope to do this in DC!!


WALLY AND DANNY'S BIG IDEA

COMMUNITY * * * * *

FOOD WASTE REDUCTION * * * * *

(based on a * - * * * * * star rating system)

No comments:

Post a Comment