Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ARRIVING IN CRETE and staying at the Aptera Beach Hotel

Niki, my first friend in Crete
Cristos, my second friend !

Our beach at Aptera Beach Hotel


A flower I saw as I walked from the bus to the hotel



Crete is wonderful. It is modern yet quaint. The people are very friendly. We landed at the airport and saved 25 EUR by taking the local bus #6 and getting off at Dolphin Bay and walking a short distance to Aptera Beach Hotel. I met my first friend on the bus, Niki who speaks English and Greek and is aspiring to learn French. She even acted as translator for me during the ride with some other passengers. I gave her my card so I hope she keeps in touch.


The hotel is right on a secluded beach and I HIGHLY recommend it. The price is very reasonable and the owner very accommodating and friendly. In fact everyone that I have met here so far comes for a month at a time every year. It like an extended family here. The hotel has its own bar and restaurant and beach tavern so you do not have to leave for anything. The rooms are clean and have balconies. Already I want to come back or never leave!!!
The food is very good here and they do not mind if you split meals or order one thing at a time so you won't waste food.
APTERA BEACH HOTEL RATING
COMMUNITY * * * * * due to the warm sense of family you feel
FOOD WASTE REDUCTION * * * * * they feed stray cats too!!
(based on a * - * * * * * star rating system)

3 comments: