Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dinner in Wahington Dc at Dukem Ethiopian Restaurant


Tonight Mary Morrison, Annette Ryan and I ate at a local Ethiopian restaurant called Dukem. We were greeted by a slightly uncooperative hostess and then had a perhaps rude server. I think back 30 years ago when I was waiting tables and when I reached this point of service it was just a sign that it was time to change careers and I had not figured that part out yet!! For one of the first times in my adult life, I left a very small tip.


The food was good and I like the way Ethiopian restaurants serve their dishes which encourages more group sharing.


We TALKED about sharing a few dishes and then we decided to get our own. Mary and I ordered the same thing and at the end of the meal, as the picture shows(my plate in the forefront), we could have easily shared the meal and had no waste. We both took our leftovers home, but I bet at least one of us will waste this food. Probably me because I am travelling. I usually suggest sharing a meal and adding on if still hungry, but tonight I thought I was really hungry!! I blew it on food waste reduction.


We talked to people on the way to our car, made new friends with a couple of bulldogs Lamont and Ellie, and even let a car packed with young people have our parking spot when they asked if we were ready to leave.( We were standing around talking...) So we did pretty good on the community side of things!


DENISE AND HER FRIENDS NIGHT OUT


COMMUNITY * * * * *


FOOD WASTE REDUCTION * * (excluding Annette who did not waste!)

( based on my * - * * * * * star rating system)



No comments:

Post a Comment