Monday, September 20, 2010

Beating the streets in Fira, Santorini

Mesuem Fresco of Papyrus Flowers from Theran Culture
Dora, chef from the Olive Tree in Fira


Sophia's name day flowers

Evangelia and Matina at Drakkar boutique
I went to Fira and Oia yesterday, hoping to find another level of connection to Santorini and after I tried really hard, I felt a little something in Fira!!

There is a little designer shop called Drakkar, where we met Evangelia and Martina. We were in there 3 times within a few hours!!They have beautiful clothes and my friend Laurie bought a great Italian dress with a stunning belt! I chatted it up and asked for some water and was given a Coke light!! I ended up buying a beautiful Italian scarf that I really liked.

I showed them a picture of Dora, the cook at Olive Tree Taverna across from them, where they often get carry out. The food there was excellent! Service friendly too.

They had gotten flowers at Drakkar after we returned from lunch and I asked about them. It was Martina's sister 'name day', which is celebrated in Greece so she sent them over for the shop to enjoy.We also went to the museum which is small (cost 3 EUR) but really worth seeing. It is full of artifacts from the ancient Therans. I remembered so many of the things from studying History of Art at Ohio State University so it had extra meaning.
All of Fira is very touristy and full of small shops, some nice.


Fira, Santorini Rating
COMMUNITY * * * ( only this high because of Evangelia nad Martina)
Food Waste Reduction * * * * ( resonable size p0rtions)


No comments:

Post a Comment