Thursday, September 9, 2010

MANHATTAN: DENISE VISITING THE 'COLLECTOR OF BEDFORD STREET' , FRIEND LARRY SELMAN


I never thought 4 or 5 years ago when I first watched 'The Collector of Bedford Street' that the star, Larry Selman and I would become friends. I met Larry in person a few years ago and will continue to see him when I am in Manhattan.


Larry has an inspirational story. He is handicapped himself in many ways, yet each day he collects money for different charities that help others. What an incredible story!!!


This year I noticed that Larry was not in as good of health, in fact he was in bed when I walked by and let me into his aprtment to see him.( You can usually find him in good weather in a wheelchair outside of his apartment on Bedford).


I don't know how long my friend Larry will be around, but he has truly touched me with his spirit and his generosity. If you find yourself in Manhattan it is well worth the effort to hunt Larry down and donate to his latest cause!!


You can reach him through info@welcomechange.org
LARRY SELMAN PROFESSIONAL FUND RAISER


COMMUNITY * * * * *

FOOD WASTE REDUCTION * * * * *

(based on a * - * * * * * star rating system)

No comments:

Post a Comment