Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Porta Portese Flea Market in Trastevere, Roma

Every Sunday in Trastevere (across the Tiber) there is a HUGE flea market.  I mean it goes on for miles, winding around streets and alleys, offset parrallel to Via trastevere.

I have gone a few times, but last week I went late and as I was leaving I experienced a real treat!  Many of the venders who sell clothes for a couple of EUR's just left piles of clothes for people to take.   So once again I was scavaging in Europe!!  My friends and I got had so much fun finding piles of items as we made our way out of the Market. Karen got a beautiful hand sewn Italian jacket and tie for here boyfriend.  I found a few skirts for Karen, and Mary ended up getting a lot of jeans for her daughter and clothes for her grandchildren.  I found a black Buddha t-shirt for myself!!

Here are some pictures!!  This reminded my of finding all of those purses in Thessaloniki, Greece and the laughs Marriana and Fenya Boyanides and I had over that!!!

COMMUNITY WASTE REDUCTION   * * * * *



COMMUNITY * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment