Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Birthday in Rome!!

                                                           I got a much needed wine opener for my birthday!!
                                                                 Mary, karen and I at the Trevi Fountain.  Karen will be missed!!!

I guess if you have to get any older, Rome is a good place to do it in.  I was lucky this year to have friends to celebrate with!! 

We ate at a little restaurant called Scaletta in Trastevere on Via della Scala.  The food is good and the prices very resonable. ( I think I mentioned them before....)

It was a really nice time and I appreciated being around prople I have known for years plus a new Italian friend, Andrea.

After dinner Andrea drove us to the Trevi Fountain so Karen could throw a coin in to ensure her return to Rome before she flew out the next morning.  We all threw one in too!   It was late and rainy but we got the job done!!!!   Tutte le strade portano a Roma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope its true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMMUNITY  * * * * *  ( one of my best birthdays ever!!)

Food Waste Reduction * * * * *   ( we shared at the restaurant and ate every bite!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment