Tuesday, November 2, 2010

COMMUNITY AT GELATERIA DEI GRACCHI!!!

                                                       BJ and Ron from Glendale, AZ enjoying gelato!
                                                                            
Today Karen and Mary and I went to our neighborhood gelateria called Gelateria dei Gracchi.  I noticed the other day that they had been written up in the New York Times as one of the best gelato shops in Rome and they really are!! There happened to be two people in there from the states that had read the article.  They were from Arizona and leaving for a cruise domani.  I have cousins that own Cerreta's Chocolates in Glendale,AZ and asked them if they knew of it and they said they work two blocks away!!  What a small world!!!  Their names are BJ and Ron. I beieve that BJ is a veterinarian from our conversation.

This gelato shop makes all of its own gelato.  I had some of the best persimmon gelato the other day and when you are in the store you can see cases of persimmons stacked up.  If you ever go to Rome , you MUST visit this shop, it is truly a treat...  

What a small world.  Thank you Rachel Donadio for writing such a fine article and sending many people to one of the truly best gelato shops in Rome!!

Its also a very good place to practice your Italian.  The first time I tried to order everything in Italian I asked for 2 busti, instead of GUSTI ( flavors). The owner looked at me very strange.  When I went home I looked it up and busti means bust or breast.  I will never make that mistake again!!
Ciao, and ci vediamo presto!!!

GELATERIA DEI GRACCHI
VIA DEI GRACCHI 272

( This is in the Prati area, so if you are at the Vatican you are not too far away by Rome standards)

COMMUNITY RATING  * * * * *

FOOD WASTE REDUCTION * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment