Thursday, January 20, 2011

COMMUNITY IN PEACEDALE,RHODE ISLAND

I met Susan Gustaitis when I was on location in Denver, Colorado this June.  Susan was chosen as one of the ten top executive directors in RI as a fellow to pursue her next " Big Idea".  It just so happens that Susan's next big idea  is a community kitchen in Peacedale, Rhode Island!!

So this December I went to Peacedale and Susan and I co-facilitated a community meeting to raise awareness about a possible community kitchen project. It was a great meeting with about 30 people in attendance. Many important questions were asked.

We spent the rest of my visit touring The JohnnyCake facilities and other non profit organizations and even attended a fund raiser event for a neighboring 501c3. It was a great trip!

We had lunch one day at a local soup kitchen.





Susan will know in January if she has the green light for her vision!

No comments:

Post a Comment