Thursday, January 20, 2011

Community with the Sancta Clara Nuns in Canton, Ohio


Sister Gretchen and Sister Mary Ischmel having fun making the soup!!!!!

The best Tomato Soup!!
The third weekend of every month there is soup and bread for sale at the Santa Clara Monastery.  When I am home in Canton I like to help the Sisters.  We have fun making bread and soups and filling to go orders for three days. I love spending time with the Sisters. The environment is very peaceful.

They make a wonderful tomato soup, lentil, chicken noodle and wedding soup. Every soup comes with a bread stick. 

The money earned is used so that the nuns can sustain their monastery.  The sisters take special requests for prayers of the community and beyond. I learned today that they have been praying around the clock and each take a shift.  I forgot to find out how long this has been going on for.  I also heard they are turning their guest house into a small retreat center if you need a place to contemplate for a while.

Today I was filling orders with a woman and I thought she looked familiar......she was a high school teacher I had over 30 years ago!! Janet Tilletski.

1 comment:

  1. PRAYER REQUEST!

    Lent!


    Slow Recovery from the Death of Our Only Son and Other Ongoing Daily Hardships and Sorrows...
    April 15,2011.

    Dear Sisters,

    Thank you for praying!

    Please if Possible?

    Can you include my wife and I in the daily prayers of the Community in the days ahead..Lent,Holy Week, May...2011,2012...or as long as possible?? If so? Please pray with us daily for God's Healing,Protecting Peace and Hope in our broken hearts,health and shattered lives made harder by financial misery! Please feel free to pass or e-mail our prayer intention on to other Communities (Women&Men)of Prayer that you know of in the World? We will keep you in our daily prayers! Thank you for your kindness and daily prayers in our long nightmare of pain and sorrow! Bill and Carol. Husband and Wife in Hope of God's Mercy! Oh. usa

    ReplyDelete