Sunday, May 29, 2011

COMMUNITY IN MARIETTA,GEORGIA

It was wonderful to arrive in Atlanta and be met by such fine gentlemen from Marietta, GA that want to be part of the food security solution in their community.  This particular group has a wide variety of skill sets that together make a great team!!  We had 3 meetings and toured one potential location for their restaurant. I originally thought that the space we looked at was too large, but after sleeping on it feel that this group, with their skilled restaurant component and connection to their community could handle it.  I especially liked their unique pricing structure: a fixed price menu and a daily 'price your own/or complimentary menu( based on need) that is driven by a mix of their profits, extra donations or corporate/business sponsorship.  This team is really on the ball and I think will continue to move their project forward!!!  I look forward to staying in the loop and helping out if I can.
The Marietta, GA Community Cafe Team:( from left around the table) Brian, Andrew, David, Dan, Forrest, Tyler and me

No comments:

Post a Comment